Now there's scientific proof regarding yet another addiction: trucks.
Americans are addicted to trucks. Vehicle sales are that “scientific” proof for Bloomberg, which painstakingly presents a vivid, imaginative, graphic look via an animation covering various aspects of automobile sales.
Demonstrated are 14 areas with pickups, SUVs, crossovers, and minivans (all consider to be in the light-truck category), now becoming the new vehicles of choice.
Five of the colorful and informative interactive animations are:
- The F-Series trucks alone beat Volkswagen’s total U.S. sales.
- The #2 and #3 top sellers are also pickups.
- Big vehicles are booming and cars aren't keeping up.
- Large SUVs are enjoying a post-recession revival.
- Luxury SUVs are getting an even bigger bounce.
These, and the other nine, each have a separate explanation that goes along with the images. You really should see them!
Detroit Auto Show be damned (it opened this weekend)… those gorgeous sports vehicles that car geeks drool over simply don't do it for the rest of us.
News to Share brief source: “Scientific Proof that Americans are Completely Addicted to Trucks” on Bloomberg
(Image is from the animation on the Bloomberg article page)